Follow me.......





Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ignorance is bliss.......





...now, all I need is ignorance.....

The calendar is taunting me. It's pestering me and calling out orders and making big demands. It's whispering in my ear as I try to drift off to sleep. It's barking at me as I drive my car. It's mocking me as I sit down to read the paper. It's jabbing me in my stomach as I watch TV. It's wrecking the peacefullness of my chai latte moments. It's singing off-key Christmas carols and keeps spouting off how-many-shopping-days-left warnings. It's being loud and annoying and oh so merciless. How is it that after all these months of quietly hanging on my fridge, it somehow decides that now would be a good time to start all this misbehavior? Gee, I can't wait until it's worn out it's welcome so I can toss it in the trash...where it belongs. But, then....what will I have? It's replacement. January 2009. The month. The year. That I will be 50.
So, I might as well enjoy the shenanigans and unheaval of December. Because once it's over.....
Alright....we won't go there....
Yes.....give me ignorance.

2 comments:

Jody V said...

Congrats on your 4 lbs Judi!! Make your list, check it twice, go to Starbucks and shop on!! I have total faith that you can bang this stuff right out!!

Jody

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about the little things you have to keep remembering to do. You are only 16 pounds from your goal. You go girl!!