Follow me.......





Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Price of Fame.........


It took one year and 15 days. Finally, I'm fodder for the paparazzi. Or, perhaps a gang of local high school girls. I'm not sure. Last evening, soon after I returned from one of my late night trips to the grocery store, it happened. No, I wasn't chased down by a mad cameraman. No, I wasn't accosted by the hosts of E! News. And I am not expecting my picture to be splashed across the pages of US Weekly as I wrestled to get my groceries out of my car in the pouring down rain. None of that. It started with an email. This is probably how it starts out with all the famous folk.

"Hi Judi! You do not know me but my friends and me follow your blog everyday. We wanted to answer your question about if you needed a new hair do. We have all thought you did from the first time we saw your picture. We think you should also show pictures of all the shoes you say you buy and maybe tell where you bought them and how much they are. Also, we think you should tell your weight too. We think you should try to tell more personal stories about yourself so we know. We really like your blog.
Thank you, Amber


Alright, Amber and friends, I appreciate your input. In fact, I'm sincerely happy to have it. And, I'll consider your suggestions. But, do you really think my hair is that bad? Now I'm really self-conscious to leave the house for my morning walk....let alone go to work! Plus, I can't believe I've been walking around all these months looking this way! It makes me wonder who else has been lurking in the shadows thinking "OMG...what's with the hair?"

I just don't know what to do! Perhaps I should just hole up in my house and only go out in cognito until the whole hair thing blows over.......

1 comment:

Jody V said...

Oh excuse me Lady - Who is fuckinfabulous??? You are...that's who!! But...I really do want to see the shoes Pretty Lady!!