Follow me.......





Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The field of dreams!



Always a few yards away from the goal! Yet, happy to have come this far!

 Way back in 2007 when I started this journey, my goal was to lose 100 pounds and be free of the weight struggles that plagued me for many years.   
Yes, as much as I don't want to admit this to you---my health was not upper most on my list of reasons why I wanted to lose weight.  Sure, I told my doctor and the nutritionist and my family and the counselor that being healthy was what was most important to me.  But, if truth be told, I was just sick of being fat and sick of hating the way I looked and damn it, I wanted to wear the fashions that I adored.   I can be vain like that.....
At the time, it was all just a dream. 
As the years have went by and I have been blessed with Lap Band success, my dreams and goals have not always stayed the same.  Sometimes, my goal really was to improve my health--especially when I looked at my children and realized I want to eek out as much time as possible being their mom.  Other times, the only dream I had was to be able to walk a little further or not feel my legs ache after a day of shopping.  Other times, my goals and dreams were linked to going on trips I avoided, engaging in activities I stayed clear of or  really wanting to (and look forward to) go to parties and social events that used to make me feel self conscious.   And, then there were other times--I admit--that my only goal was too look exceptionally amazing for a specific event.

As I look back and look at where I am now, I  realize that I am always moving the goal post.
So, I guess you could say I never SCORE.
But I NEVER stop DREAMING. 
Just another day on the field of dreams......

Thank goodness my life isn't about scoring points.  
(thank you Gerry for taking those pix of me out on the field on the hottest day of the year!) 

No comments: