IT'S FRIDAY!Here's a menu I threw together a few weeks ago that screams SUMMER!!!!!!
It's been tested and it passed with FLYING COLORS and STARS AND STRIPES AND FIREWORKS! You heard it here!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
The perfect Summer-Friday-At-The-Grill drink.....
- 1 can of Minute Maid Pink Lemonade or your favorite lemonade
- Gin (measured out one can)
- 1 lb of strawberries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small handful of basil, optional
- Ice as needed
Prepare Minute Maid Lemonade--1 can of concentrate and 3 1/3 cans of water,one can of gin, stirred together. Blend washed and sliced strawberries in a blender or food processor. Finely chop basil and add it to the mix. Stir strawberry mixture and lemon slices into the gin lemonade. Add lots of ice and enjoy!
Add your favorite chips..... this recipe rocks! Nibble on this while you hang out at the grill!
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.Grilled Marinated Shrimp
If you can't be at the ocean.....at least you can taste it!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
This is like.....aaaamazing....
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed, gills scraped out
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 6 1/3-inch-thick heirloom tomato slices (from 2 very large tomatoes)
- 7 to 8 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pressed garlic clove in small bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange portobello mushrooms on rimmed baking sheet, gill side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon generous tablespoon dressing into each mushroom; swirl to coat. Stir ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange tomato slices on plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.Place mushrooms on grill, gill side down. Grill until edges begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness of mushrooms. Transfer mushrooms to same baking sheet, gill side up. Nestle 1 tomato slice into each mushroom. Divide ricotta cheese mixture atop sliced tomatoes, spreading to cover, about 3 tablespoons per mushroom. Top with Fontina cheese slices, dividing equally. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over each. Carefully return mushrooms to grill. Cover barbecue and cook until mushrooms are soft and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle remaining chopped fresh basil over. Place mushrooms on plates. Drizzle remaining dressing around mushrooms and serve.
Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Peaches with Feta
OMG! This is just a heavenly way to end a summer BBQ night....
- Halve peaches and remove pit.
- Mix honey and balsamic together well.
- Place peaches cut side down on heated grill.
- Grill until starting to turn tender and nice grill marks appear.
- Turn over.
- Brush top liberally with honey-balsamic glaze.
- Continue grilling until peaches are tender. Brushing with more glaze if desired.
- Immediately add crumbled feta to center of peaches.
- Serve warm.