Follow me.......





Thursday, June 14, 2012

La-di-da......

di-da-di-da.  

Last night, as I was sitting on my porch contemplating life and what I was going to make for dinner, I found my mind drifting to places that I really wished I wouldn't have.
 Where did my mind go, you ask? Well, it went to schedules and plans and all the things that  need to happen in Judiland over the next few weeks.  Even worse--when I started to come to grips with the fact that I am not ready for any of it, I began to shudder.    
 I can't tell you the enormous panic that passed through my being.  
But, instead of running for the hills, I decided that I would quietly sit and contemplate how I was going to make it all happen.  It was not a behavior I was used to.   However, after I bared my soul here on my blog the other day about my remedial maintenance skills, I decided enough is enough. 
It was clear to me that I had to find a way to not have so much panic in my life.
 I decided that even if I never get the hang of doing maintenance very well, I could at least spend the time to think through the things that need done and make an effort to figure out how to get it all done.  So, that's what I did.  
This morning, with my list in hand, I am going to start checking off things. 
What's my first order of business?  Get a cleaning service to come to my house to do a major, major cleaning in every damn nook and cranny.   
Then, I'm calling a landscaper and a handyman.
After that, I'm making all of my hair, pedicure and tanning appointments.
Then, I'm making my Lapband appointment.
When that's all done, I'm putting in my order at the liquor store. 

The best tool to get everything done in Judiland......my phone. 



1 comment:

Mar's kids said...

Ya know, sometimes paying someone else is the right thing to do!

Now if only the liquor store delivered..... ^-^