Follow me.......





Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tastey Tuesday Recipe Exchange RETURNS for a third season!

.....a little late but oh what the hell......
In the spirit of hustle and bustle and holiday mania, this year's Tastey Tuesday Recipe Exchange will focus on easy yet elegant and fast but fantastic recipes.
As evidenced by the fact that I am one week late in starting my annual Tastey Tuesdays--it's been a busy few weeks here.
Judiland is whirling and twirling and spinning and rocking and going upside down and right side up as the calendar whizzes along.....
No matter.
It's still the season for eating, drinking and making merry.
And, I'm all about being seasonal!

So, foodie friends and entertaining enthusiasts, let's all pitch in and share all those secret easy but dazzling recipes that make us the stars of every holiday and every party everywhere!
No one has to know our dishes don't take hours and hours to make......
We'll keep it between you and me.

The first recipe I want to share is one that sort of just happened on it's own this past Thanksgiving. I had a jar of cranberry-orange relish (Williams Sonoma) sitting on the counter as I was putting together my cheese tray. I was frustrated that the tray was lacking color. As we know---it's all in the presentation. So, I went to the fridge to find something to bring my cheese try to life and there--right in front of my eyes--sat a log of goat cheese.
The rest is reciphistory.....
Goat Cheese with Cranberry Orange Relish.....
*Put a log of decent quality goat cheese on a pretty dish
*Pour cranberry-orange relish over top
(I'll bet other relishes and/or preserves would be great too)
Serve with fancy crackers
It took center stage on my cheese tray and got such rave reviews from everyone that I just had to taste it myself. Oh yeah....it's yummy.

This next recipe is a real winner. It looks gorgeous when sliced and tastes like something from a 20-star restaurant! Honestly....when you serve this, get ready to be worshiped and adored! Be sure to wear really great shoes as your guests praise your culinary skills!

Stuffed Pork Loin
Ingredients
*Butcher's string
*Pork Loin (whole)--you choose how big or small
*Sliced length-wise, open like a book
*1 jar prepared basil pesto
* 1 jar prepared sun dried tomato pesto
*handful of good quality romano cheese, asiago cheese, parmesean cheese
*handful of Italian panko crumbs (Progresso makes this)
*Olive oil, salt, pepper
Directions
Slather all pestos on one half of pork loin, sprinkle with cheeses and panko
Put the pork loin back together and tie it to hold in place
Brush olive oil over pork loin, sprinkle with salt and pepper
Cook your pork loin according to poundage

I usually make this a day or two ahead of time, wrap it in foil and freeze.
On the day you are serving, take it out of freezer, let it defrost about 75-90%
Slice medium thick pieces while pork is still partially frozen (cuts much neater and prettier)
Arrange slices in a casserole dish to bake at 350 for about 15-25 minutes or until heated through
Note: To change things up a bit, I sometimes serve this with a side of either good quality jarred Alfredo sauce or marinara


And, now for one of my favorite recipes that I like to pull out of my magic chef's hat......

Chicken Cutlets with Pesto Cream Sauce
*Thinly sliced boneless chicken breast (they sell it like this in the meat section)
*Buttermilk--seasoned with salt and pepper
*Equal parts panko and seasoned bread crumbs
*mix in a handful of good quality parmesean and romano cheese to the crumbs
*jar of good quality Alfredo Sauce
*jar of good quality basil pesto
*1 can petite diced tomatoes (liquid drained)
*more grated cheese for dusting

Dredge chicken cutlets in buttermilk then in the crumb mixture
Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet--bake for about 15 minutes on 350
Combine Alfredo Sauce and pesto
mix and heat through for about 5 minutes (just until flavors mix)
In a lightly greased casserole dish--put a little bit of the sauce
Place chicken in dish, cover with pesto sauce, arrange the diced tomatoes in a random fashion
Bake for 12-15 minutes on 350
Dust with grated cheese before serving.




Now, it's your turn!!!!
Share your dazzling deceptively easy recipes!

No comments: