Follow me.......





Friday, June 20, 2014

Just in time for FRIDAY!!!

No, I'm not traveling the Irish countryside or laying on a clothing-optional beach in Italy or sprawled out on a martini bar floor somewhere in France.....
I'm just navigating life here in Judiland......a life filled with too much to do and too little time to do it and yes---a life filled with lots of pulling the covers up over my head....
My motto this morning!!!

Have no fear, I have not abandoned Stories from the Road or blogland.  Nope, I'm not going anywhere.  But, I am not going to beat myself up over the fact that I promised myself that I would not let a week go by without blogging.....because that's just what I did.  Damn, I am just not in the mood for a beat down.  Especially one that I give myself.  And, there's too many people who would gladly beat me up if I was looking for someone to give me a beating so I'm not even going to start taking names....

The truth of the matter is that I am staying up way too late at night working on projects and trying to get things done for the  onslaught of house guests and visitors starting next week through mid August.  My little B&B will have somewhat of a soft opening beginning tonight when a few of Toni's sorority sister's roll into town for a country concert this weekend.  In the past, when I would have a long line of visitors over a period of time, I would take 1 or 2 days off from work and tornado through the house like a crazy woman and things would be done.   Things are a bit different these days at the office so that's not happening.  And, I am paying for it.  And, ironically, so is my day job.   I am practically falling asleep at my desk after living on just a few hours sleep a night so I am not working at optimum capacity.  I know it's not healthy.  You know it's not healthy.  And, my body is feeling the effects of this unhealthy living. 
Last night....at a few minutes 11 pm.... as I burrowed my way through the piles of winter clothes I hid away in my son the Doctor's bedroom, I realized I did not have an ounce of energy left in me.  So, I did the unthinkable.....I stopped.  I flipped the light switch and closed the door and went to bed.   This morning, I realized that I did exactly what needed to be done.  
Now, off I go to tackle that project with a refreshed attitude. 
Then, off to work I go.
But, it's FRIDAY.  






1 comment:

Tamera Beardsley said...

Good choice my dear! If we don't take care of ourselves first …we have less to give others! I hope you enjoy your weekend my dear!

I loved your comment! Aren't those slips the best! You have inspired me to get another!

xoxo
Tamera