Follow me.......





Friday, August 31, 2012

Farewell to August.......

Sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting for September......
Can't wait for the month of September.....
I just love September......
Dear September....what took you so long to get here?

Okay, let's try this again.....


WTF? September is coming? 

For anyone who works in higher education, the mere mention of the word SEPTEMBER sends tremors through our bodies.  September is like a huge boulder falling from the sky heading straight for you.  And, you can't do a damn thing about it.    There's no running from it.  It's gonna hit you no matter what.  And, that boulder is going to stay firmly planted on your body for many, many weeks.  Considering this is my 33rd September doing what I do, you would think I would have a suit of armor to protect me or I would know a really good place to hide where no one can find me....

1 comment:

Mar's kids said...

Honey, your office is in a basement - surely there's a dark corner down there somewhere!!

And yeah, this is only my 4th "academic september" and it feels like an explosion of teenagers just went off :)