Follow me.......





Friday, June 18, 2010

If we all made it this far......

we can soldier on.......as long as we do it together.

Gee, I feel like I should break out in song after typing that.
But, singing is just not my thing.
You definitely do not want to hear me sing.....
Trust me on that one.

Here we are. We have arrived at Friday.
On Monday, I didn't think it would be at all possible that I'd still be somewhat sane by now.
But, I fooled myself.
Because here I sit on the brink of Friday....with the sun popping up outside my little office-off-the-kitchen window--alive and well.
Even if I am a little frayed around the edges.....

I got through a week I didn't think I'd ever be able to get through.
It was helped along by staying connected to myself, staying connected to the people who make me feel good and getting connected to what I really needed...
What the latter translated into was---a wonderful Jones of New York leopard print body hugging sheath dress in a size 8 P, an amazing pair of black strappy stilettos sandals with jewel detailing, an adorable leopard clutch (that matches the dress exactly!), a hair cut and having my grey roots covered.

A little retail therapy and some beauty maintenance can never hurt....

But, as much as that retail therapy and beauty maintenance worked wonders, I am here to tell you that staying connected to the people who make me feel good really did the trick....
I still had to put up with the people who don't make me feel good and who always look to me to save the world and who need me more than want me.
That's just life.
Well, that's just my life.
Right now.
I get it.
Really I do.

There's a lesson in all of this.....
And, it goes like this---
Just when you think you should run, you have to plant your feet and firmly stay in one place.
Just when you think you need to hide, you need to push yourself to come out from the shadows.
And, just when you think you need to be alone--you have to fight to join in the laughter.

Yeah, I figured that all by myself.....


TGIF.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some retail therapy! Your outfit sounds sassy!

Theresa said...

Amen to taking care of yourself! Hang in there, and post a pick in your new outfit!

Steph said...

Pictures! Pictures...I know you will ook fabulous!!

Bonnie said...

I'll be glad when I lose weight and can use retail therapy again. Right now it's just too frustrating to walk into a store. Glad it can work for you.