Follow me.......





Saturday, July 26, 2008

Still beaching.....


The beaching continues. Earlier today, we moved out of our townhouse on the 13th hole at the Village Beach and Golf Club and headed to the northern beaches for another week celebrating my bandiversary in a much more remote setting. No more waitresses serving frothy concoctions at the pool. Instead, it's just us---all 21 of us--lounging at our private pool outside of our deck--yelling up to whoever is in the kitchen to bring down another beer, another glass of wine or another yummy cocktail. No more little shuttle to the beach. It's just foot power--only a few steps to the ocean. The crowds are much smaller, the beaches are much less crowded and we have no more golfers to cheer on from our back deck. There's just puzzles and movies and each other to entertain us. (hopefully no more WiiFit)

Yes, it's just one long party filled with an awesome array of home cooked gourmet meals and the surprise of a new beach drink each day.

As of a few moments ago--when my niece and her boyfriend arrived from the other end of NC--we are only awaiting 2 more people. Then, our happy beach crew will be complete.


So, Ashley---if you're reading this--HURRY UP!!!

4 comments:

Jody V said...

Boy, do I envy you!! We are home now. Have a great time!!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

OMG, how funny.
Since we are twins separated at birth, does that mean I get to go on your vacation next year.
Conneaut Lake just doesn't compare.

My first week is when my mothers family comes up. Second is my fathers family.
I refer to week one, beer week and week two,the champagne week.
First week 40 people, second week 25.
We don't all stay together though. Lord, we would kill each other. My Aunt and I own our own places and everyone else rents cotages on the same street. So we basicly take over the street.
It's fun. Kids go to one place at night, teenagers another, 20somethings another. We just take turns being the party house.
Glad to be home though, a few more weeks of vacation living and we could be roommates at Betty Ford!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Good God, I hope there are no English teachers reading your blog.
I just re-read!
Painful.
Sorry.

Jody V said...

I am a size 6!! Hope this is where to post!!