Follow me.......





Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm feelin' the love............


Yesterday is over folks. My funkiness is gone. Oh, thank the Lord! I didn't become unfunked alone, let me tell you. A few precious blog reader friends unfunked me but good! First thing this morning....they started whipping that funk right out of me! You unfunkers know who you are! So many sweeet emails and comments....and even one phone call! So, I'm thinking.....next time I want some compliments and praise....I'll just put out an "I'm feeling funky" post and wa-la.....I'll be hearing all kinds of nice things about myself. What girl doesn't want to hear how beautiful and sweet and wonderful and amazing she is? Keep 'em coming friends.....just keep them coming! I'm feeling the love.....and I like it!



Speaking of feeling the love......I had a love fest of sorts with my lapband doctor's intern today at my appointment. Remember him? The one I called a few choice names. Well, he's back to being that cute intern. I guess I didn't ruin his medical career afterall. We bonded over my cruise. It seems that he's finishing up his residency this month and is taking a month off to reconnect with life....and his wife (makes him even cuter, don't ya think?). He said he is looking for things to do. He had been thinking about a cruise. So, I advised him....with the same gusto that I swore at him. Then he started telling me about his career choices and his life growing up and where he was going to live and about a house he wants to build and a few other tidbits of his life. And, of course, I advised him on many other things---restaurants in the town he is moving to, following his heart (he wants to practice in a rural area) and little bed & breakfasts he might want to try out. We talked about my children, my job, and of course---food. He was very interested in food and I sure can talk food. When he left, he hugged me (do you think he was trying to make up for our little tussle?) and said "I could stay and talk to you forever...." Yeah, right, until I start swearing and calling him names. Anyway, it occured to me.....do you think it's easier to talk to a person who is not obese as opposed to an obese person? Because when I was there in that hospital bed and he was threatening me with insulin shots---I was obese. Now, I'm not. Or, maybe that's just part of his charm.....maybe he plays hard to get. Or, maybe it was me....being obese and filled with drugs. No matter. I'm at peace. I will never see him again (most likely) and we parted on good terms. I didn't ruin his career. He can practice medicine in a rural area and take his wife on a cruise. He'll be a doctor afterall! It's all good......

You know, I'm thinking that all it takes to unfunk is a few nice words from wonderful people, a friendly face and nice conversation and a feeling that you matter. Not such a tough antidote. I have been restored. Now, I can go out and make someone else's day better. That's the way I like it.....uh-huh, uh-huh.....

No comments: