Follow me.......





Thursday, June 12, 2008

Every Picture Tells a Story...........

I have this digital frame in my office. Carmen got it for me as a gift for some holiday. Toni loaded it up with pictures from holidays, vacations, trips, outings and special events from 2006-2007. Before Lapband. So, everyday--all day--I get to stare at some of the most God awful pictures of me in various stages of obesity. Of course, there's also pictures of my kids, my family, my friends and places we've visited. And, of course, it's filled with memories of fun and special things in our life. But, there's still those lousy pictures of me. Each morning as I flick the light on in my office, I am faced with fat Judi, obese Judi, mildly obese Judi, morbidly obese Judi. Most days I don't even recognize the Judi in those pictures. When people stop by my office, as they often do, they are drawn to looking at them. The concept is quite fun....it's a little slide show...just sitting on the table. But,lately, I've found myself apologizing to people as they look at them---as if the images of me are as offensive to them as they are to myself. And, more and more, I am closing my eyes as I walk into the office to avoid looking at them. So, I figured, before I head straight into a chair, fall over it and crack open my skull on the side of my desk, I better do something about it. I need better pictures....which prompted me to take the time to download my cruise pictures. After 3 days of staring at the postcard worthy pictures of absolutely, incredibly breathtaking scenery, I snapped back to reality and started looking at the pictures with people in it. Now, I'm sure I'll be bitching about these pictures in a few months. But, for now....I'm content with them. Especially when compared to those God awful ones. See for yourself.




BEFORE LAPBAND.........
Here's Carmen and I in Florida---May 2007

Here's Carmen and I in North Carolina---August 2007


After Lapband....
Here's Carmen and I...May 2008....Baltimore, Little Italy, Cruise, Bermuda....






So...if every picture tells a story....what's the story here?
It goes like this.....
Once upon a time.....Happily ever after.
Fill in the blanks.

No comments: