Follow me.......





Monday, December 3, 2007

Lapbanding In December.........


Something funny is happening here. The encouragement, support and cheers people showered upon me in September, October and November have morphed into gestures of sympathy and pity. In September, when I passed up a huge basket of french fries and a ginormus hamburger, it was "You go girl!". Come December, it's "You poor girl!" As soon as the calendar changes to December, eating as you damn well please becomes a must---a well-deserved right! And, I suspect that eating what you damn well please with someone who is not eating that way is not real festive or fun. As a matter of fact, I think it's downright miserable to dine with someone who is watching their food intake in the month of December. Believe me, I understand that!! What's the old saying....."no one wants to drink alone". Well, the same holds true for indulging in food. People just naturally want you to join in the fun of eating. And, when you don't, you quickly become a reminder that maybe they should eat healthier or at least watch what they are eating. You are spoiling the fun! And, who in hell wants that???? Before my Lapband journey encountered the month of December, I never realized this! Because, let's face it, I was one of those eat-whatever-I-want- and-as much-as-I-want type of people in December (and probably quite a few other months as well.....). I too subscribed to the belief that DIET and DECEMBER don't mix. In fact, I'm pretty certain I considered it a sin to diet in December. And, not much has changed about the way I feel---yes, even now. I am not dieting in DECEMBER. I am eating what I want. I am not suffering. I do not feel deprived. If I were on a "DIET" then I would feel that way. But, I'm not on a DIET. I will never DIET again. That's the whole reason behind why I had the LapBand surgery. So, this whole December attitude shift among some people with me is making me feel bad. I definitely don't want to be labeled as a DECEMBER DIETER (or a party pooper!). Believe me, I've been on a few thousand diets in my lifetime and I can honestly say---this is NOT a diet. This is ME doing what I want to DO. This is ME in December........on my LapBand journey.

1 comment:

Daffodil Hill said...

Well I'm still proud of you! You have amazed me with this LapBand journey of yours. Thanks for the comment at my blog. I needed a little boost today. : )