Follow me.......





Monday, September 29, 2014

I might just become a MOVIE STAR!!!

We  ushered out the first weekend of Fall with some Hollywood-esqueness.
We took our movie-loving teenage nephew on a tour of the Pittsburgh movie sets that's hosted by our local film office....... 

Did you know that Pittsburgh is a very popular destination for movie making?
Well, if not...check out this LINK to find out more than you ever wanted to know.....
It's kind of fun to know that I'm living in the Hollywood of the East Coast!
As a matter of fact.....the largest movie studio outside of Hollywood resides right here in my hometown.....31st Street Studios....
Hollyburgh?

Over the years, I've had a few encounters with stars and movie-making when they are filming either on or nearby our campus or out in the Judiland suburbs.
Two noteworthy encounters a few years back with they were making Smart People on our campus in 2005 and Wonder Boys in the late 90's.  
That's when I met up with Dennis Quaid (Smart People)  and Michael Douglas (Wonder Boys).
Take it from me.....they look much better in the movies......
 I could use some looking much better in the movies right about now....
For some reason, I'm feeling awfully old today!!

No comments: