Follow me.......





Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The 5th Annual Tasty Tuesday Recipe Exchange!

I know you've all been waiting patiently by your computer for the reprise of Tasty Tuesdays!
Well,  blogger buddies.....your wait is over.......
It's Tasty Tuesday once more........hard to believe it's in it's 5th year!!!  

For those of you who are Tasty Tuesday veterans.....you know the drill.
For those of you new to the drill---here's how it goes:
Every Tuesday in December I share a recipe from my ginormus pile of tasted and tested holiday-worthy recipes.   And, I ask you to do the same.....share a recipe in the comments section of the posting.
It's a great way to help each other get ready for all the kitchen olympics that go on this time of the year and the perfect way to make you the FOODIE STAR of your holidays!
So, dig out your best recipes to share!  We especially like simple and scrumptious recipes.....

I'm going to kick off this year's Tasty Tuesday recipe exchange with a concoction that's new to my repertoire.  I debuted this dish at a September gathering and it got rave reviews.  To be more exact....my guests were actually licking their plates.....yes, it was that good.  So, I made a note next to it in my menu diary to be sure to share it with you for Tasty Tuesdays. 
So, that's what I am doing.....
ENJOY!!!  

Seared Cod with Spicey Mussel Aioli
I know this sounds super  sophisticated.....which makes it seem like it would be a very complicated recipe.  But, it could not be simpler.  And, it's lightning quick to make!  In fact, I was almost scared off by it when I found it online (courtesy of Food and Wine magazine) because I had never worked with mussels.  But, I was on the hunt for something very different to serve and this seemed like it would fit the bill.  If you're like me and have no knowledge on how to pick mussels just talk to the fish monger at your market so that you get freshest ones.  This would be a fantastic recipe to use on Christmas Eve if a seafood meal is part of your celebration. 


  1. 1/3 cup dry white wine
  2. 2 dozen mussels
  3. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  4. 2 garlic cloves, minced
  5. 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  6. 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  7. Cayenne pepper
  8. Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  9. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  10. Four 6-ounce skinless cod fillets (my friend used halibut and reported that it was great!)
  11. 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
  1. Bring the wine to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the mussels, cover and cook over high heat, shaking the pan a few times, until they open, 3 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Shell the mussels and reserve. Rinse out the pan. Pour the mussel liquid into the pan, stopping before you reach the grit (sand) at the bottom.
  2. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
  3. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Season the cod with salt and black pepper and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
  4. Bring the mussel liquid to a boil and remove from the heat. Whisk in the mayonnaise, then stir in the mussels. Transfer the cod to shallow bowls and spoon the mussels and sauce around it. Garnish with the red pepper strips and serve.  
Yum......just sharing that recipe makes me crave it.....

No comments: