Follow me.......





Monday, December 24, 2012

Tastey Tuesday on Monday.......

just because it's Christmas Time!


Yes, it's Christmas Eve.
One of my favorite days of the year.....
The house is quiet, the Christmas tree lights are glowing in the darkness and carols are playing.
The kitchen is purring away with all the cooking that goes with the extravaganza that's about to ensue here in Judiland.
The shopping is done, the menu is complete and the table has been set with care but not a gift has been wrapped.  Uh-Oh.  Hope the elves get here soon......

I'm luxuriating in my new holiday season jammies with my red pen in hand--checking my ingredient lists, figuring out bowls and ladles and platters and seating arrangements.
I just know this moment of calm will not last much longer.....
Pretty soon the luxuriating will give way to another full blown nervous breakdown......
So, before I have my sixteenth nervous breakdown of the past 48 hours, I wanted to share with you one of the most amazing recipes you will ever put to your lips.
I've been saving it just for today because I'm thinking that you may want to make it to impress some guests or just yourself come New Year's Eve......
It's going to make an appearance as an appetizer at our gift-opening seafood and Prosecco buffet at 4 pm.  But, that's only because we have so many traditional foods to put on the Vigilia di Natale dinner table later this evening.   It's truly a beautiful recipe that deserves to be the star of a special dinner but I couldn't help myself but to show it off for my very first hosting of this very special evening.....

Lobster Ravioli with Crabmeat Cream Sauce
A great Food Network Recipe find!!!  

I purchased fresh Lobster Ravioli at our local Italian specialty store.  But, hey....feel free to make your own.....the recipe is contained in the link above.   

Here's the sauce recipe.....



For the sauce: Using a 12-inch saute pan at medium heat, add butter, shallots, and saute until shallots are translucent. Add the crabmeat and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the saute pan from the burner and add Cognac then place pan back on the heat to cook off the alcohol. (Please beware: the Cognac will create a large flame.) Once the flame stops, add the tomato sauce and cream with salt and cook until it reduces half way and becomes creamy. Add the cooked ravioli to the sauce and let cook together for about 1 minute before serving. Garnish with chives


Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Jody V said...

Sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas Eve!