Follow me.......





Thursday, February 23, 2012

Note to self.......

Here I am, on the threshold of DAY 2 of  my Lenten practice of  not seeking out comfort in bad food and I find myself secretly trying to concoct some evil plan to eat an Almond Joy bar without going to Hell or moving into the next pants size......
WHEN WILL IT EVER END?
Never, I'm assuming. 

I would be lying to you if I told you that I'm the perfect Lapbander and that I always eat right and that I'm a devoted exerciser.....
Yes, I managed to loose over 100 pounds being utterly imperfect and sometimes not eating properly and not being the workout queen of Pittsburgh.    
A miracle?
No. Not really.
I had my beloved Lapband. 
Plus, I did the hard work.
Not the perfect work, mind you.
The hard work.

My  weight loss has been a true journey.....one of self-discovery, self-awareness, highs and lows and realizations.
A great philosopher would probably say that those are the richest journeys.
But, on days like these when I want to go against the path that I have set for myself, I'm not about the journey. 
I am about the Almond Joy Bar.
I have faith that my Lapband will keep me from  certain things.....like pasta and bread and Big Macs.
But, I know very well that it won't keep me from  Almond Joy Bars.
If truth be told, I was never much of a sweet eater.
It was pasta and bread and nachos and meatballs and more pasta and more bread and nachos that I adored...
When I found out that chocolate can get past my Lapband with no trouble at all.....hello Almond Joy Bars, Peppermint Bark and M&M's.

My mother used to tell me  that you can love a rich man as much as you love a poor man.
I suppose the same goes for food.
You can love an Almond Joy Bar as much as you love a vat of pasta.
I am living proof.
 
So, I'm counting on both my fear of  the Lord and of Size 12 pants to keep me away from seeking comfort in bad food.
I am a good Catholic girl who loves her Sizes 8 and 10 pants....

I'm taking it one day at a time. 






1 comment:

Jody V said...

This Catholic Woman is right there with you! Hang in there!

Jody