Follow me.......





Sunday, February 26, 2012

Broken fingernail and other catastrophes....




As if breaking a fingernail wasn't bad enough, the wind had to come and blow out a window in our garage and in doing so, damaged a great deal of the shit that we pile up in said garage. 
Now, when I say "break a fingernail"....I'm not talking about just a minor break. 
No, no, no....I'm talking chipped polish and all.  I mean, a real ruined manicure.
And, when I say blow out a window....I'm not saying that there was just broken glass.
No, no, no.....I'm talking the entire window....the entire HUMUNGUS F'IN WINDOW....frame and all...just blew out of the wall and fell....lock, stock and barrel...
Oh, and some bricks also toppled....
And, when I tell you "damaged a great deal of the shit that we pile up in said garage"....I'm not just telling you about a few little garden tools. 
No, no, no.....I'm talking lawn mower, golf clubs, the random make-up vanity that everyone has in their garage, a very large fumpkin (you know, those fake pumpkins...), a shitload of crocks and God knows what else....
Now, typically, this fingernail issue would definitely have me all a-flutter and I'd be all cranky over the loss of the fumpkin but sometimes a girl just has to put aside her heartbreaks and deal with the really important things....like what wine would pair perfectly with dinner..............

 Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
 Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Roasted Vegtables
Banana Pudding


No comments: