Follow me.......





Friday, December 2, 2011

Welcome to Judiland's Word of the Day Countdown to Christmas--Day 2!

Only 23 Days Until Christmas!!!


The word for today is: Giddy
......as in-- lacking seriousness; given to frivolity
or having or causing a whirling sensation; liable to falling.......


What better word for Friday?


I'm not sure if I mentioned that I have been dealing with a nasty head cold this week.
There's never an opportune time for any kind of feeling funky.
But, some times are even worse than others.
And, I considered this week a bad week to feel less than healthy.
Coming off of a full week of having a full nest, a full four-day weekend of partying and eating and shopping and cleaning. Then, closing out the whole thing with driving the dark, foggy, wet back roads in the pouring rain to collegeland and back....the return trip all alone....I was more than ready for a week to recover before having to dive into the holiday party circuit.
But, Mother Nature had other plans for me. Thankfully, I am not against making a beeline for the pharmacy when I am in need of some OTC help!
Between the TheraFlu (best thing ever invented) and the Vicks Vapor Rub, I hobbled through the week with a few moans and a few groans.
I made it to Friday.
Amazing what a girl can do with the help of some drugs, some ointment and a Thursday night martini.
Yes, I'm giddy.

2 comments:

Lap Band Groupie said...

I'm loving the 'word of the day' (she says with giddiness). Hope you feel better for the weekend (maybe a double martini would help?).

Lee Ann said...

Great picture! Hope you enjoy your weekend Judi.