Follow me.......





Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fashionably late......

If I am going to be late.....I might as well do it fashionably so.....
An Autumn Visit to North Market....what a Judi place!


Autumn is flying by.....the world is already knee deep in the Christmas holiday season.
Everywhere I look, it's Christmas.
What happened to that other holiday.....Thanksgiving?
I'm still trying to get ready for THAT ONE!!! 
I'm trying super hard to get out and organize my Thanksgiving china (thank God I found it hidden in a place where I put in a fit of being organized last year!) and linens (where in the hell is my new Thanksgiving table cloth???), make sure we have enough comfy places for our visitors to sleep (are air mattresses tacky? I ordered the ones that have the highest rankings on Amazon for pete's sake!) and figure out when the hell I am going to get everything done. 
And, I am majorly consumed by Pinterest's tablescaping ideas.   (which might explain why I'm not getting all the things done I should be getting done each night!)
I can't even think about Christmas until I can at least set a few Thanksgiving-inspired tables!
And, then, there's the food.
The way I figure it, I have to be prepared for several meals for guests other than the regular Thanksgiving meal.
Breakfasts, lunches and at least 2 other dinners.
So, excuse me if I'm still firmly planted in Autumn.  

Baked Pumpkin Cream Cheese French Toast
This easy, easy recipe was hi-jacked from a friend who served this last year at a Fall brunch that she hosted. So, let me assure you that it's been taste tested and deemed worthy from men, women and children!  And, it has the most amazing cream cheese filling. Prep the night before and bake right before serving. Oh yeah......


  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (12-count) package King'sHawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cubed
  • For the crumb topping
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • For the cream cheese filling
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 

  • Beat cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
  • In a  bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
  • Lightly coat an 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Pour half of the pumpkin puree mixture evenly over the top. Spread cream cheese filling in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes and pumpkin puree mixture to completely cover the filling.
  • Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
  • Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and confectioners' sugar--if you want...I suggest you want! 
 Oh yeah....and I also hi-jacked this recipe from my friend too.....yes, it's super yummy and a great brunch beverage....it goes super great with the Pumpkin French Toast! 

 

Apple Pie Moonshine Cocktail



Makes 8 drinks

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz apple pie moonshine (available at liquor stores)
  • 8 oz apple juice
  • Cinnamon simple syrup (recipe follow)
  • 2 fresh squeezed lemons
  • apple slices, to garnish
  • cinnamon sticks, to garnish

Cinnamon Simple Syrup:

  • 4 cup water
  • 4 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 cinnamon sticks

Directions:

In a large pitcher with lip or large cocktail shaker, combine apple pie moonshine, apple juice, cinnamon simple syrup, and lemon juice.  Fill shaker 2/3 full of ice.  Stir for 10-15 seconds to chill drink.  Strain ice.  Serve cocktail with new ice.  Garnish with sliced apples and cinnamon sticks.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup: In a medium sauce pot, add water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.  Set over medium heat and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat.  Cover pot and let mixture steep for 30 minutes.  Strain out cinnamon sticks.  Allow cinnamon simple syrup to cool to room temperature.  Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.  Keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks.





1 comment:

Jody V said...

Frank and I will be arriving on Wednesday and don't mind air mattresses at all!