Follow me.......





Sunday, November 10, 2013

This is what's going on in Judiland right now......


This is what's going on in my head right now......

Yes, really.......

Did I mention that I've been in charge of my 93 year old father since earlier in the week?
Yeah, I might have forgot to mention that......
I chalk that up to living on little sleep, dealing with last minute schedule changes and having to go to work in the middle of it all.  And, most probably I didn't mention it because sometimes I use my blog to escape from what's really going on around me.  Sometimes it's best to think about something else besides the madness of my own little prison......
Did I mention that while I am staying with my father this weekend, I have house guests staying at my own house?   Yes, I'm entertaining house guests.  Well, technically, I am running back and forth between both places trying to be all things to all people.  That's not all that entertaining, I assure you. 
Yeah, I probably didn't tell you about that either......

To occupy myself during those many hours of watching Andy Griffith and Bonanza reruns with my father--as my dog nephew Willy barks at me incessantly for no apparent reason and to help organize myself for entertaining my guests while I am not there to entertain them---I have been planning menus.   It's what's keeping me sane at the moment.  So far, I'm pretty sure I have everything covered from here until January 2, 2014.....yes really. 
I'm not sure if I am just bat crazy right now or if I am just a crazy genius but I have to tell you, I think I may have uncovered the holy grail of menu planning---DESPERATION!  Being desperate to escape the mind numbingness of 1960's television reruns can work wonders for motivating me to really focus on recipes and ingredient lists and time tables and pots and pans and dishes and linens and everything that goes with setting up menus.   Desperation catapulted me to making extra sure that everything was figured out....down to the nth degree! 
Look out world........

I am now armed and dangerous......

No comments: