Follow me.......





Monday, March 4, 2013

OH WHATTA NIGHT.......

Just when I think my band has gone and forgotten about me, it sends me a great big reminder that it's still there.....
I'm not sure why it chooses the most inconvenient time to decide to speak to me but good God, it walloped it to me good this time.....
Although I guess I should know better than to schedule a  family dinner with all of my sorority girl's favorite foods right before we have to get on the road  for a long  car trip back to collegeland and back home again....
Clearly, that wasn't wise thinking.  
Three bites into that chicken parmesean and I was seeing stars.....whoa baby....it wasn't pretty.
No, it wasn't pretty at all.  
How could something so beautiful be so mean to me? 
 
Did I mention that I made a rockin' wine and appetizer buffet for everyone as I put together dinner?
Well, I did.
Although I only had one glass of wine.....because I had to make that long drive.....I definitely indulged in the superb Asiago cheese that we had saved in the freezer from the holidays and I enjoyed a few squares of sauteed polenta with one of my pantry staples-----Trader Joe's roasted red pepper and eggplant spread.   
So, maybe those pre dinner treats caused just a wee bit of a problem when dinner time came around. 
Or perhaps it was the few bites of Caesar Salad that I snuck in before dinner....

Or, maybe it was just my Lapband telling me that I am not paying enough attention.
If that's the case......
Dear Lapband,
I heard you loud and clear.  I need to get back to the basics of Lapband living......eating small quantities, chewing very well, not drinking while eating.....
I got it. 
If there was ever a night when I was more miserable, I can't remember it.  I am still trembling from it all. 
Why did you have to pick a time when I was going to be driving on dark and windy roads during a pretty nasty snow fall to remind me that I you are alive and well and doing your job?     
Although I know you probably thought you were doing it for my own good, I am still a little too pissed off at you right now to say a proper THANK YOU.  
Maybe tomorrow.....

Love, Judi 

P.S. Yes, it's true....I refuse to take responsibility for this situation.   I can be very unreasonable when I am exhausted and it's MONDAY......
 


1 comment:

Jody V said...

I can't even imagine how you felt with that drive ahead of you! Hope you're better!