Follow me.......





Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Can you say LBD?

as in LITTLE BLACK DRESS......

ATTENTION: You can't really click to buy from this pic but the link for more info is below. .


Have I got a treat for you today!
First of all, we all know that every woman needs to have a little black dress. 
It's one of the golden rules of being a woman.
But, let's face it.....if you are like me and have battled with weight for most of your adult life, that little black dress was never THAT LITTLE.  
Who ever heard of a BIG BLACK DRESS?  Who wants to buy a BIG BLACK DRESS?  Only if your Aunt Birtha dies....
Well, if you're anything like me, once you got some weight off, black was NOT the color you were going to buy.
Hell, us fat girls have closets full of BLACK.
 I was never at a loss as to what to wear to a funeral. Black. Black. Black. 
 I spent more money on black pants in my lifetime than I spent on cars.....
Losing weight meant breaking out of the world of black fashions.
Bring on the color, kids.
I am gonna strut my stuff in RED and YELLOW and......well, you get the picture.
However, once all the thrill of color clothes shopping wears off, there comes a time when you just have to get yourself that little black dress.  
 If, for no other reason than you have to own a little black dress. 
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
But, I wanna save my money for other things like colored skinny jeans, some sassy sandals I've been salivating over and everything in the Chico's summer catalog. 
Enter one of my favorite fashion blogs.......Penny Pincher Fashion and my life was saved.
It turns out I can have my LBD and everything else I so desire (shhh, don't tell my husband that).
The LBD she is wearing in that picture......do you know where it's from?
Trust me, if I would have known where it was from before I clicked on the link, I may not have clicked on the link.   Call me a bit of a snob but I have never put the words LBD and Walmart together.   Turns out, this LBD is $20.....yes 20 buckeroos.  Can you say cheap LBD?
Now before you go all postal on me here, I have to tell you.....I trust this blogger.
No, I don't know her.  No, I never met her.  She might be catfishing me and all of her followers for all I know.....but.....hear me out.  I took the bait.   Yeah, I'm easy like that.   I bought not only the classic fit but also the curvy fit (and if the one with the pockets wasn't sold out, I would have bought that one too!).   $40.  And, because the dresses were a steal and the shipping was so cheap, I chose to have them shipped quickly.....I just had to see for myself if nice  $20 LBDs  really existed.....(and I'm impatient like that)
Guess what?
They do!  

Btw.....they are not carried in the stores.....you have to buy them online.    
They fit true-to-size for me!  
Double woo-hoo! 








No comments: