Follow me.......





Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beware of the Ides of March.....

Maybe if Julius Caesar would have listened to that weird little fellow on the street, he would have made it home that day.....


After spending way too many hours glued to the TV last night watching the devastation in Japan, listening to the experts talk about radiation and waiting for news of what is happening next, my heart is heavy and my head is spinning.
The images of an entire town being swept away....a town just like the places where you and I live....are etched in my brain this morning.
And, it's got me wondering about things a little more than I usually wonder.
Typically, I'm not an overly superstitious person.
Sure, I have my share of little rituals and ideosyncracies. But, for the most part, I don't really think that there's this aura of harm that impedes life just for the hell of it.
Plus, I am not a doom and gloom kind of person.
I'm optimistic and go-with-the-flow and think that good will always beat evil and that life is wonderful and that people naturally want to be good and that if I'm a good, kind person, God will keep me safe.
Yes, that's what I really think.....most of the time.
I like the simplicity of that thinking.

As I was sitting there listening to the experts and the news casters and all of the debaters, I was overcome by the uncertainty of life and had a very deep uneasiness about what's happening in the world and I wondered if this is all somehow trying to send us a message .
Trust me, that kind of thinking doesn't happen to me that often.
Part of me tried to laugh off the thought.
Yet, the question about it's forbodance stayed with me all night long.
This morning, I'm left with an usual feeling of discomfort, achiness and darkness.
A CNN hangover?
Still feeling the effects of my St. Pat's Day Parade escapades?
Coming down with a cold or the flu?
No. No. And no.
I've self diagnosed.
I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from a combination of a true sadness for what the good people of Japan are enduring (with great grace and humility, I must add) and a deep level of suspicion that maybe...just maybe...the universe is trying to speak to us in ways that make us stand up and listen and we are not really listening.

Is there really something much greater to beware?
How would we know?
I really hate not knowing.

2 comments:

Jody V said...

Oh Judi...you and my son, Nick share the same opinion on what's going on. He feels its a message to us all.

~Lisa~ said...

What is happening is just heart wrenching - and heart breaking..
..I too feel your trepidation, but can't quite put it to words.