Follow me.......





Thursday, January 10, 2008

Character Development........

This morning, I woke up to find an email from a dear friend---she asked "why haven't you talked about me in your blog? I want to be a character in your blog!" While I was in the shower, I contemplated her question. I got to thinking about all of the escapades she and I had over the years---fun, fun times. Side-splitting, are you crazy?, don't tell a soul about this times. Yes, lots of stories to write about. Whoa. Yes. Lots of stories.

What a wonderful way to start the morning....laughing to the point of tears as water rained down on my head. Dancing with sheer delight as I washed my hair. Stomping my foot giggling "oh myyyyy God!" as I washed my ....well, you know. Coming clean as I reminisced about a special character.

So, my stardom-seeking friend---which one of those stories should I start with? Give it some thought, some deep, deep thought. I'll wait.

It's interesting how random things just come into my mind. And, then, I sit down and write about it. Now, I am not one to have an outline before I start tapping on these keys. And, I don't have an exact sense of purpose or particular anecdote in mind. It just sort of happens. That's just the kind of writer I am. I go places when I write. And, I let "my pen" guide me. The blog writes itself. I don't start out planning on mentioning a particular person. But, somehow, somewhere in my mental musings, it happens. I think that's what I like best about writing---the places it takes me. Revisiting a moment. Seeing a loved one's face. Spending time with a friend. All of that--and more---happens when I write.

As a young girl, I spent many happy hours just writing---going places--the places my stories took me. At that time, I actually did write---putting pen to paper. It was a cheap hobby. I just needed something to write with and something to write on. And, I needed alone time. No matter where I was---my bedroom, my porch, the dining room table or sitting in the backyard--- the magic would happen. At that time, I hadn't done a lot of living. So, I did not have a treasure trove of stories and people to write about. So, everything came from the treasure trove of my imagination. But, now, after 48 years, 11 months and 15 days of living, I have a truck load of experiences and people to write about. So, trust me, I am by no means finished telling my stories or talking about the many people in my life. I just never know who or what will pop up in my blog. But, each time they do......I smile. I hope my characters do too.

It's early yet.......in my Lapband journey. I've got lots more to tell......

Note to my frolicking friend---- Now that you've thought about it......perhaps this posting will suffice. After all, you were mentioned. Email me and let me know......!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 month Bandiversary Baby!

What's with the pix of a clock? BOOOOOOOOORING!
We want to see you!

See you on Monday at clinic!