Follow me.......





Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bring it on BING!

I need ya old pal......
There's nothing like the sound of Bing crooning the Christmas classics to get us all in the mood for decking the halls and shopping the malls.
Ain't that right?
That's what I'm banking on......


It's cold and dark and early here in my little suburban hamlet. I've been starring--bleary-eyed-- at my to-do list since 4:30 am. But, nothing's happening. I'm looking for inspiration and motivation.....but I'll have to settle for caffeine. Starbucks isn't open yet and even if it was-- I'm still in my fuzzy leopard robe, my hair is not very presentable and I'm pretty sure I have remnants of yesterday's make-up under my eyes---not a good look to flirt with my cute barista. So, I'm going to scuffle my way into the kitchen and put on the kettle for tea. Maybe I'll start humming some Christmas carols....

I've got soooooo much to do......

Alright, alright.....I have a wee little confession to make.....it's still totally Thanksgiving here in Judiland. Oh sure, the neighborhood is slowly transforming itself into a festive holiday lane....with the lights and the swags of evergreens and the wreaths and the big red bows. Everyday, I spot a new Christmas tree sparkling in a window and a new decoration popping in a front yard. But, in my little red brick cottage....there's pumpkins on the doorstep and garlands of fall leaves with orange twinkle lights framing the doorway. The Christmas transformation has not happened yet. But, it will....I promise. Maybe it's just that whole empty nest thing that I've got going on that's slowing me down---you know I do blame everything on that lately! Or, maybe it's just life in general that's been getting in the way. Or, heaven forbid--maybe I'm not in the Christmas spirit...quite yet. Whatever it is--I must banish it--along with the pumpkins and the orange twinkle lights--from my little world. Because we all know that if Judi doesn't bring Christmas to Judiland, there ain't no one else that will.....
So, Bing baby....can you throw yourself on the turn table and sing a little while for me?
I need carried back to when my mother would pull out her prized White Christmas album, put it on the hi-fi and my dad would tell his infamous story of hearing White Christmas for the very first time (as he was returning from WWII) as his Army ship crossed into American waters a few days before Christmas....making him and all his comrades cry.
Yep, there's nothing like a little Bing, a few memories.....and some good strong tea.

7 comments:

uh said...

Judi, If not for my grandchildren, I would settle for a 3 ft pre-lit tree and be done with the decorating! The grandchildren insist I do a big tree and also decorate outside. So, I put up the tree and they come over and decorate it! I put on their favorite Holiday music, sit back and watch them obssess over where each ornament should be placed.

Gen said...

Judi, Bing it on! Get rid of those pumpkins, Girl! Once you get your Christmas stuff out I bet you'll be more in the mood. That and the Starbucks and you will be good to go.

Mountain Laurel said...

Bing is great!! I listen to Elvis and Partridge Family Christmas albums, too! (Showing my age :) ) They really get me in the mood.

Jen from Oregon said...

I just love your posts...every single one of them!

Anonymous said...

Well I like Dee do lots bcuz of gkids they love to see the old ornaments and hearing the stories behind some of them. Right now looks like Christmas threw up in the living room.

L

Jody V said...

I'm with ya Judi!! I just pulled the mantle apart now at 5:50 PM on December 5th. I took the leaves and pumpkins and put them away. Not sure what's going on since I am not empty nesting. You and I seem to be on the same page at the same time. That's comforting believe it or not! So...tomorrow is my day. If not, one call to all my cadets and Hannah and voila! It's done!! Here's to you sister!!

Jody

Irishembi said...

Yep. Starbucks. I've been sucked in and couldn't get out.:-)
Ah you know. Life. Stuff happens.
The diet has been.....not. Am considering going your way of the lap band at this point. Seeing the doc next week and we'll see what she has to say about it.
Forty is closing in fast and I am going to officially be the famous three "F"s.
Female, Fat & Forty.
Yay me.
Hope you've been well. I've got lots of catching up to do here in Blogland.