Follow me.......





Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let the merrymaking begin.......

tomorrow.....
because today I've got some good-bying to do.....


It's hard to believe more than a week has passed here in my filled nest. In between all the cooking and the shopping and the celebrating and the talking and the movie watching and the eating and the waking up to beds filled with touseled hair peeking out from beneath piles of covers.....there was hardly enough time to breath. There were socks on the floor again and the lingering smell of Britney Spears perfume in the hallways. There were extra towels and piles of dishes in the sink. There were fights over the TV and there was waiting up on the couch and worrying over the little things--like where in the hell are they? Yes, it was life in Judiland......with 2 kids. Well....2 adult kids. My kids, nonetheless. A full house that filled my heart.
But, today.....it's time to send them over the rivers and through the woods....back to PhdLand and CollegeLand. With the cars packed full of their clean clothes, the left over turkey and their baubles and treasures. My heart is heavy this morning as I plan a special breakfast. But, I'm comforted in the knowledge that Christmas break is only weeks away.......
And, I'm left to wonder.....will this empty nesting ever get easier?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, I also send my two back to collegeland today ... and the sending does not get easy; once they are gone, it is okay. Hard for that to make sense, I know.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Judi,
Awwwww! I have been reading yur blog for awhile now and just commenting for the first time. I enjoy your writing so much and I know if I lived near you we would be FAST friends. I can't wait to get my band (Jan 2010) and have the same success as you. YOU really have inspired me and kept my eye on the prize when I start to think NO I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS!
Sorry that you are sad today but remember you are thin!!!!!
hugs, Leslie

Kathy said...

Just remember what fun you had this past week and before you know it they'll be back for Christmas. Pull out those Christmas decorations (if you haven't already) and get busy.

Debi said...

I know how you feel Judy. But my daughter lived with us while in college, then got married!! Lucky for me, she only lives in the next town, so not too far away! As Kathy said, Christmas is just around the corner!