Follow me.......





Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lotsa snow and noisey girl scouts........



That's what's going on in my world.......
and one is making me need the other......... and visa versa.....










It's no secret that we are being pummeled....I mean, literally pummeled.....with snow.
Everyday--snow. Every night--snow. Every where I go--snow. SNOW!
Plus, I've got $70 worth of Girl Scout cookies. (I just can't seem to deny a Girl Scout...)

The snow is getting on my nerves.
It's taunting me with each flake.....get your shovel, get your shovel....
The Girl Scout cookies are yelling at me....loud and very convincing declarations that they can calm me down, help me out of my snowmania and give me a reason to believe (that Spring is on it's way).

The problem is ----I really, really bought these cookies for my children (you know, my 24 year old and 18 year old children that don't live with me full time....)
But, damn, there's snow.
And, Girl Scout cookies.
Did I mention there was snow?

Clearly, this winter has sent me over the edge.
So much so that I came downstairs at this ungodly hour just to check on the calorie content of Thin Mints.
Yes, those DAMN Girl Scout cookies woke me up.....on a Saturday morning when I could sleep in!
Not that Thin Mints are my favorite. In fact, they are not. I'm a Do-si-do girl myself.
But, my rationale is that if I start on the Do-si-dos....the box is a goner. Which means that I know how many calories I will consume if I eat the Do-si-dos---a gazillion....
But, if I eat the Thin Mints.....well....all that peppermint flavoring will make me nauseated.
So, I won't eat the whole box. Thus, cutting down on my calorie intake.
Four Thin Mints=160 calories.
And, there are a total of 7 servings in a box.
Which means that even if I eat one entire sleeve (after all, if I'm opening them...)....which constitutes 1/2 the box....that means I would consume a little over 500 calories.
And, then, if I shovel out my walkway, my driveway and the sidewalk....which will take about an hour....and if it's true that I can burn approximately 400 calories an hour shoveling snow.....I will have almost obliterated the Thin Mints......
(I'm a mathlete if there ever was one....)
Yes, that's my rationale.

Geez.....now the Do-si-dos are starting to scream at me......

There's a heap of trouble in Judiland......
And, not only that....... did I mention there's lotsa snow and $70 worth of Girl Scout cookies?

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

lol....I hope spring comes for you soon. Everyone seems to be talking about snow...

So did you break into the cookies you really wanted? I bet you did! I like the peanut butter and chocolate ones. Thin mints too.

Barbara said...

Oh Judi Judi Judi..
I know what you mean about the girl scout cookies.. I can't say no to those beaming faces, but this year I decided to give my little neighborhood scouts the sale and told them to pick the cookies out for me and treat themselves.. (they thought I was kidding them.. but I wasn't).

Unfortunately I do not have the drive to burn those calories as you have described.. so no cookies for me..

And the snow.. well I am about 1 hr north of Philly.. and we got another 16" dumping with more snow on the way next week.. The only saving grace and piece of sanity is that the Philadelphia Flower Show starts on Sunday (so we can pretend Spring is here).. Sigh.. stay warm..