Follow me.......





Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ground Hogs and Footballs......

Happy Ground Hog Super Bowl Sunday! 
  Are you cooking up a STORM for this holiday or just KICKING BACK and enjoying the show? 

I'm doing something in between.  
With my husband's current maniacal work schedule plus the fact that the house is still not fully recovered from the holidays and my hard wood floors have taken a massive beating from the weather of the past 2 weeks  AND I am right up against one of the busiest weeks of my year at the office.....this is not the time to throw a mega party.....no matter what that darn Ground Hog says or how exciting this football game is supposed to be. 
But, since I don't like to let an occasion come and go without some kitchen fanfare, I decided to pull out some recipes that were yummy but embarrassingly easy, open a bottle of this perfect winter wine (I received 3 bottles of this as a gift from my winey friend), and use up the remainder of my football-themed paper plates, napkins and plastic cutlery (yes, I know it's all Black and Gold but hey I live in Pittsburgh....!) and call it a SUPER HOG HOLIDAY.  
So, I'm hosting a few folks that don't care about my floors or the fact that my china is not back in the china closet or that I still have 2 huge tubs of Christmas decor sitting in the corner of my little office off of the kitchen.  And, as they hoot and holler and watch the game,  I'm curling up on the couch with my magazines and only break from my magazine reading to nibble some of the yummy food, sip my yummy wine or watch the yummy commercials..... because I'm pretty sure that's what you are supposed to do on a SUPER HOG HOLIDAY....

If you haven't decided on what you might be throwing together today....check out the recipes  below that I have chosen.  They might not really fit together from a menu standpoint but that's the beauty of this holiday...it's all about easy yumminess with no regard for gourmet correctness. 
Hey, it's not called a SUPER HOG HOLIDAY for nothing...
 And, since I have used all of these recipes before, I can tell you that they are exactly what should be on the table for a SUPER HOG HOLIDAY......


Seven Layer Salad
Sweet Onion Parmesean Dip
Taco Pie
Crunchy Peanut Butter Mix (I add popcorn instead of cereal)
 and I sure hope someone brings some chips and salsa.......




No comments: